Advertise
X

Share with your friends!

Avg. User Rating:

VRS: Our Economic Power? by Ryan Commerson

How does the Economic affect VRS today.
  • Producer: Ryan Commerson
Advertise
left_corner

right_corner
DeafVRSUser
2 years, 11 months ago
An excellent documentary-style expose. It is a pity that this was spoilt by an assumption that Viable owners (who happen to be Deaf) weren't aware of the fraud run time happening in their contracted agencies. The FCC stated in their case against the owners of Viable: The evidence against Viable executives in the FCC case includes an e-mail allegedly sent by John Yeh in July 2007 to Larry Berke, the owner of KL Communications, which ran a call center for Viable, according to the federal indictment. Berke, of Phoenix, was also among 26 people across the country charged in the case. "Your calls should look good — not too perfect and too long hours," Yeh wrote, according to the indictment. "Important not raise ‘red flag' for FCC to see it. Understand me?" See Page 11 of this scanned legal document for evidence. http://fookembug.files.wordpress.com/2009/11/usa20v20yeh2c20yeh2c20mowl202620tropp.pdf This should have been covered if this documentary is to be a neutral one. Finally I fully agree that the treatment between Viable owners and Purple owners is unequal and seems to indicate that Purple has greater legal resources and expertise than Viable that helped protect them through the exploitation of legal loopholes etc.. In all a great documentary - Agree that you're a Deaf Michael Moore :)
Jason
2 years, 11 months ago
After figuring out who behind this video and finding out Ryan works for Convo. Make me even more SICK! Say nothing about Convo when it fact they are a raciest VRS! Wake up man! Go talk to the black community, they will tell you the same thing CONVO is a group of white people who believe they are above other Deaf people and treat those who are not like them different! Tell Convo 'THEY just OPEN THEIR CAN of WORMS' Watch for our VLOG from Black Deaf Community we have valid proof this VRS (Convo) Company is racist!!! What even more one of the owner of Convo used to run Hawk Relay and it been proven there was some issue going on that lead to shut down. Am not going to label fraud like Ryan would do, but fact is this something was wrong FCC did not like to the point where they could no longer continue be in business. All of sudden Hawk Relay shut down, and one of the owner go found Convo vrs relay service with other three people. My question is this, have you done your homework on that part, I sure have and more I done my home work, more I see that VRS( Convo) that supposedly owned by Deaf done no different!
anonymous
2 years, 11 months ago
last parts you see him background of two light (white) it from Convo office...
Jason
2 years, 11 months ago
Ryan, I would appreciate you get your fact straight regards to the Purple fraud part. I have research and done my home work. Clearly you have not yet, the pay back were for the calls that employee made while they were working. These employees calls to do their business, some made calls during lunch break and resulted of that FCC demanded the pay back for those years. So Purple was not found for fraud. I think you should be charged for FRAUD for not having your fact straight. If am correct, there was a V Log made by Mr. Nelson, he explained Purple ended the contract with that data star company base on the reason what the lady explained. Ryan has his view and I respect that, you really need to be careful accusing or saying VRS was charge with fraud. Am more concern about why VRS company is not hiring more diversity. Am seriously concern of the the deaf own vrs providers when they have not shown no serious effort in hiring diversity. What am seeing is a clang of their own people who they want to run their VRS business. Am more concern about fact Sorenson making all of this money, have not hired diversity employees in the upper management position. To end this, it a big different, Viable purposely made calls that was not needed at ALL. Billed those calls to FCC and got paid for it. They made a lot of money doing this, created position at this company to made these fake calls. This is a big different when FCC demand Purple repay back for employee's calls that was made when they were working and for those years. So Ryan STOP comparing these two when it a totally different issue! Jason
anonymous
2 years, 12 months ago
You work for Convo, I want to hear from someone who are neutral and not on sides.
Daniel H.
2 years, 12 months ago
Begs the question, are ordinary deaf people's upward mobility prevented by other deaf people?
Sandi
2 years, 12 months ago
My first time so I have no comment right now.

* Denotes Required Field
If you enter anything in this field your comment will be treated as spam
bottom