Advertise
X

Share with your friends!

Avg. User Rating:

My Son is Deaf, Finally

The story of a father expressing his gratitude that finally his hearing son is deaf following successful surgery (performed in Brazil) to remove the boy's cochlea.
Advertise
left_corner

right_corner
Ashley K
2 years, 4 months ago
wow, for a while all I was doing was just glaring at my computer screen haha, I couldn't believe what I was seeing/reading (also keeping in mind about CI's, which I strongly disagree with already.) it wasn't until the end that I relaxed and realized what the true message was. It was a well played prank xD . I think it would catch plenty of hearing peoples attention.
Kataya
2 years, 4 months ago
There is a beautiful language and culture that so many Deaf children miss out on because their hearing parents refuse to accept them for who they are and instead force them to be hearing just like them. I think you did a wonderful job of reversing this reality in a way that hopefully will make more people understand the risks of what they are doing when they surgically change their child's fate. I also believe that many hearing parents with Deaf children don't even know that there is a wonderful, loving community that would accept her just the way she is. I don't think that hearing parents are properly informed of all of their options when they find out their child is Deaf.
Susan
2 years, 5 months ago
At first made believe that story and angered me. I understood the same thing they have been to deaf children...
Jo-Anne
2 years, 5 months ago
very relevant point! Your story certainly made my blood boil.
Melissa
2 years, 5 months ago
I think this is incredible. I am hearing, but so against coclear implants. I think this is a good way to make hearing people think about what they are doing to their deaf children. It isn't fair to make them hearing or make them deaf. You should love your children the way they are. Learning sign is easier and cheaper than paying for a coclear implant. At first I was so angry, but I am glad I finished the video.
Tracy
2 years, 6 months ago
Wow! You are amazing...people who judge you before they watch the whole thing, shame on you. Very powerful message,
Angi
2 years, 6 months ago
Ok, I apologize. I was wrong.
Angi
2 years, 6 months ago
After all the things I hear from deaf kids not being accepted for who they are, this???? This is sick.
Dale
2 years, 6 months ago
It's brilliant!
oscar faustinos
2 years, 6 months ago
me like see in facebook from deaf
Amy
2 years, 6 months ago
That is sick.

* Denotes Required Field
If you enter anything in this field your comment will be treated as spam
bottom